This calendar displays CAI events. Follow the links to learn more and register. Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified about upcoming events.
Wildfire preparedness workshop for farmers and ranchers — Part A
April 20 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PDT
Part A of a two-part lunchtime workshop series for farmers and ranchers that will highlight potential wildfire risks to agricultural operations and the measures producers can take to prepare for and mitigate those risks.
The sessions will also cover key content in the Farm/Ranch wildfire guide and workbook.
Workshop A will cover:
- Why a farm/ranch wildfire plan is important, understanding wildfire threat and impacts, and agency and producer roles during a wildfire
- An introduction to resources available for planning and preparation
- Steps to create a custom Farm/Ranch Wildfire Plan, including developing operational maps for planning and communication and inventories for livestock, response equipment and resources and water sources
When & where
- Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Part A: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Part B: Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Both sessions are highly recommended, but we welcome you to register even if you are only able attend one of the sessions.