This calendar displays CAI events. Follow the links to learn more and register. Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified about upcoming events.
Wildfire preparedness workshop for farmers and ranchers — Part B
April 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PDT
Part B of a two-part lunchtime workshop series for farmers and ranchers that will highlight potential wildfire risks to agricultural operations and the measures producers can take to prepare for and mitigate those risks.
The sessions will also cover key content in the Farm/Ranch wildfire guide and workbook.
Workshop B will cover:
- Key considerations for risk reduction on agricultural properties, such as reducing combustibles, using fire resistant materials, and planning for sprinkler protection, including best practices unique to agriculture
- Livestock protection planning
- Employee and visitor evacuation planning, including for operations with multiple properties, seasonal workers and agritourism
- Safety and legal considerations when burning
- Insurance considerations and damage assessment and recovery after a wildfire
When & where
- Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Part A: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Part B: Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Both sessions are highly recommended, but we welcome you to register even if you are only able attend one of the sessions.