These resources provide information about agricultural drainage in the context of increasing annual precipitation, extreme precipitation and flood risk.
The 2017 report includes:
- A high-level assessment of the overall state of agricultural ditches and drainage across the Fraser Valley region
- Options for improving coordination and consistency among local drainage authorities and relevant agencies
- A draft proposed roadmap for environmental approvals for ditch and drainage maintenance
The 2018 report includes a table documenting the best available precipitation projections for the Fraser Valley. It also outlines collaborative climate adaptive drainage management strategies adopted in comparable settings.
It also includes the results from a forum with producers, local government and agency staff, researchers, and agricultural association representatives. The event highlighted preferred strategies to address local runoff and drainage challenges, including:
- Piloting the development of drainage area management planning
- Improving drainage management and maintenance knowledge and capacity