This report provides a baseline assessment of agricultural weather data needs and priorities in the Kootenay & Boundary region.
The full report includes:
- A baseline assessment for addressing gaps in weather data collection and availability in the region
- Maps illustrating current weather station coverage and identifying key coverage gaps, along with recommended locations for 13 new stations
- An assessment of weather data platform options so producers can access weather data collected by stations
- A review of weather station brands, including the costs and benefits of different equipment
- Interim recommendations for accessing improved local forecasts
The report’s two-page summary features recommended locations for new weather stations as well as suggestions for accessing local forecasts.